All women, ages 21 to 30, are invited to apply to the St. Joseph Worker Program.
- Volunteers are matched with a placement site where they serve full-time (36 hours per work week)
- One night a week is designated for “Sharing of the Heart.” This CSJ tradition provides Workers with an opportunity to develop spirituality, listen and learn from each other.
- Community nights, retreats, social justice opportunities, and other personal development activities help make the year a truly transformative experience.
St. Joseph Workers Receive
- Room & Board
- Health insurance (premiums and some additional funds toward copays and other medical expenses are covered)
- Transportation to and from placement site
- Living allowance
- Spiritual mentor
- Possibility of AmeriCorps Membership and Educational Award with specific positions
- Graduate or undergraduate course credits through St. Catherine University (some exclusions apply — please ask)
- College loan forbearance or deferment
- Professional networking and mentor possibilities
The St. Joseph Worker Program is an 11-month program (typically August to June) based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul in Minnesota, U.S.A.
Workers live in intentional community in dedicated St. Joseph Worker houses with other St. Joseph Workers. Currently, St. Joseph Worker houses are located in the Phillips neighborhood in Minneapolis.